PARASITOLOGY SUCKS POO
The following are selections from the nematodes section (ascarids, oxyurids, spiruroids, filaroids, enoplids and acanthocephala [Technically not a nematode. Lol the females possess ovarian balls]) of the parasitology course that can claim to be humorous or are just downright stupid;
Macracantharynchus hirudinaceus
Wuchereria bancrofti
Trichuris skrjabini
Trichuris discolor
Gongylonema spp. eg. G.ingluvicola
Physocephalus sexalatus
Physoloptera praeputialis
Dipetalonema reconditum
Capillaria felis-cati
Capillaria caudinflata
Onchocerca gutturosa
Acuaria skrjabini
Ascaridiidae platyceri
Heterakis isolonche
All Lan can say is that she is mightily grateful that orals are not a component of assessment for this subject.
..oh wait, these idiots might come up in final year orals.
Friggen frick. Poobum. Moo.
Anyhow stay tuned for more names from cestodes, trematodes, protozoans folks.
6 comments:
This is rather amusing. I liked the female balls part xD it was like the time I was telling Tommy after Khammy had given us Mashies from KFC that "her balls tasted really nice"
Hope she doesn't kill me for writing that G_G
LAN do you have to remember all those parasites??? that's horrible. I want to give you some food to sustain you. Maybe pho or bung bo hue =D
At the moment I'm learning about peritonsillar abscesses and I wanted to see how they were drained so I you-tubed it and then got sidetracked by other clips of people with parasites in their skin, head, legs, lungs and what not...who needs horror movies when we have parasites to entertain us :O
Aww.. poor you Lan.. oh! oh! What's the one where the female comes out your anus at night and violently explodes her uterus as a mechanism of transmitting her eggs so when little kids pick their butts... oh I get side-tracked easily.. back to study for me..
Good luck!
Minh: In a moment of ill-considered scenario planning, Lan counted the total number of parasites whose names, lifecyles, treatments, epidemiology, pathogenesis etc.. she must know and obtained the lovely number of 72. Terrifyingly high considering she's only gone through 1/4 of the course =\.
Abscesses will be discussed in a later post when Lan begins Bacto/Myco revision =)
Viv: shall get back to you on that one. We only do a limited number of zoonotic parasites but your description does stir memories of a slide mentioning children eating dirt and faeces..
omg Lan...that is rather terrifying =O I can't believe they make you learn about the life cycle of EACH ? That's just insane...they must have secret cameras installed somewhere in your room...watching you...being entertained by your attempts to memorise them all...eating popcorn whilst cackling at their own, devised evil...betting on which vet student crumbles first...
Okay, my imagination is on overdrive, but still...It's INSANE!!! Poor Lan =(
I will give you a virtual manly punch on the arm to motivate you...not that you need it, but it's all I can do without being severely injured by the consequences of your rapid reflexes.
Can't wait to read about abcesses :D
Damn. I mean... just damn...
oO..o my..
goodluck *speechless*
Post a Comment